[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Statement of Faith – We are an Independent Fellowship” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_section][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- We believe that there is one true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in nature, power, and glory. This triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all (Genesis 1:1 and 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; 1John 5:7).
- We believe that the Scriptures consisting of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God fully inspired, without error and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis for which the church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthy law contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Nehemiah 8:8; Psalm 119:105; Isaiah 28:13; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12).
- We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalm 90:2; John 3:16; 1 Timothy 1:17).
- We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, fully God and fully human, conceived by the Holy Spirit, We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; I John 1:2; Revelation 1:8 and 19:11-16).
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, seal and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, Comforter and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit as instructed in His Word. (Acts 1:8; John 14:16-17, 16:7-13; Romans 8:26 and 15:16; 1 Corinthians 12-14; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 4:30).
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice and therefore, are under condemnation; that God imparts life by the Holy Spirit, to those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. (John 3:5; Acts 8:15-17; Ephesians 2:1-3 and 8-9; Romans 3:23, 5:8 and 10:9-13; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16).
- We believe that Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances for the church: (1) full immersion water baptism of believers, and (2) the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19-20; Acts 2:38; I Corinthians 11:23-26).
- We believe that Jesus Christ validated the ordinance of marriage. (Matthew 19:4-5 and John 2:1-11).
- We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless separation of the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16 and 20:11-15)
- We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord. (Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:3, 5:22, 7:13-14, 18:9 and 25:31-34; Mark 9:42-49; Luke 12:5; John 3:18; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 14:10-11 and 20:11-15).
- We believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Tribulation that will come upon the earth. (Isaiah 26:20; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-16 and 5:9; 1 Corinthians 15:-55; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 3:10, 5:7-10 and 7:13-14).
- We believe in the creation and God as the Creator. We believe that God created man and that He created them male and female. As such He created them different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason homosexuality, and all other “sexual preferences” or “orientations” are unnatural, sinful, and unacceptable to God. Accordingly, this ministry will not perform any marriage ceremonies between two individuals of the same sex. It will not condone or recognize such same-sex marriages, civil unions, or domestic partnerships even if the state passes laws that provide for recognition of such unions.
- We believe that marriage is exclusively the legal union of one genetic male and one genetic female sanctioned by the state and evidenced by a marriage ceremony. We also believe that legitimate biblical sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, pre-marital sex, incest, polygamy, homosexuality, transgenderism, bisexuality, cross-dressing, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation, viewing and/or distribution of pornography and efforts to alter one’s physical gender or gender related appearance are incompatible with a true biblical witness.(Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; John 4:16-18; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-11, 6:18-20, 7:1-3 and 7:8-9; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3-7; 1 Timothy 1:9-11).